The first hotel on Post Office Creek had become awash in the 1893 floods at the old town site, so it was pulled down and rebuilt on the corner where Woodford Auto now stands by John McSweeney. Sometime after a new hotel was built across the road on it’s present site by his widow Kate and the local Police Constable Allen McClean who she later married.
The first lessee was J G Wilson. Since then many people have been involved with the hotel including George Carney who did his best to put the town on the map by staging boxing matches and building cattle sale yards behind the hotel.
Another was Jeff Rowlands who sponsored big woodchop competitions and named the town the woodchop capital of Queensland. For one hundred years the hotel has graced the corner. Now The Woodford Village Hotel has been given a large facelift by the Pullos Family and is elegantly facing its future.